No freaking way. Wireless Electricity...

Current topics

Re: No freaking way. Wireless Electricity...

Postby SoBeTRoLL » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:26 am

wow. Southland tales anyone?
SoBeTRoLL

Postby d31373 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:09 am

I love this idea, in theory...

Haven't high amounts of EMFs been show that they can cause paranoia and fear?
I know we're being inundated with microwaves and radiowaves from every angle already, but magnetic fields are something I feel should be isolated. My "power" shouldn't flow through me, unless it's superhuman strength.
d31373

Postby SoBeTRoLL » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:06 pm

How bout the power, to move you?
I dunno I think its pretty cool honestly, this is something that could significantly change the way a LOT of things work and function. Don't need to run power lines in a building if the entire thing is surrounded by one of these fields and everything draws its power off of the wireless electricity. Things could truly be self sufficient. IT could significantly lower building costs, and if this is a viable way to send out electricity? It could change the face of Power supplies as we know it now, and there's no reason to not start using a technology like this if it is found to be safe to use, and good enough to use in large volumes.
SoBeTRoLL

Postby d31373 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Or the power to kill a yack with Mind Bullets?

It seems to me that this is a very wasteful form of energy. If magnetic fields are produced, they are not "entirely" directional. As an illustration, think of the future event cone (aka future light cone) from a point of singularity. Everything within that cone experiences the forces. The further away from singularity, the less impact it will have, but that force has been exerted on everything in that path. The way power cables are designed is that it is very directional. True, there is some loss, but it seems more wasteful to generate a field simply to power a single alarm clock (which might be the only thing on during my day at work). Currently, we use power as we need it, we don't generate/collect/transform it and then shoot it back into the air. The amount of power needed to generate a field large enough to power devices seems a little risky and a little wasteful.
d31373

Return to News