Two Ubuntu Phones Coming This Year, Here’s Who’s Making Them

Current topics

Re: Two Ubuntu Phones Coming This Year, Here’s Who’s Making

Postby d31373 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:20 am

I have been waiting for this moment. I love the concept and the potential reality of carrying a full blown desktop OS embedded on a phone. The possibilities are endless...
d31373

Postby SoBeTRoLL » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:38 am

There are so many things that these things can do, its kind of ridiculous. I'm looking forward to having docking stations with one of these phones and plugging it into a desktop that can make phone calls into an app popping up on a screen, there are so many possibilities with a hardware/software product like this, it really is amazing.
Imagine having a phone, a laptop, a desktop, all in one product. A phone that you can have in your pocket and pick up for phone calls, then when you get to a job site, and you dock it into a mobile docking station making it into a laptop, you get done you pull it out as a phone again, then head back to the office, where you plug it into your main docking station at your desk, all using the 1 piece of hardware thats small enough to fit in your pocket.
I really would love to see more companies move towards using Ubuntu for phones and desktops. Its a fantastic OS and its even user friendly for newbie linux users and still holds a lot of the power an advanced linux user is looking for.
SoBeTRoLL

Postby d31373 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:21 pm

I'm so much more excited about this than any FirefoxOS...lol
d31373

Return to News