Is Microsoft telegraphing the demise of Windows Phone?

Current topics

Re: Is Microsoft telegraphing the demise of Windows Phone?

Postby d31373 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:25 pm

I'm not sure if I believe Microsoft is suggesting the demise of Windows Phone. When Microsoft bought Nokia, I had a feeling that they would do anything to pull it out of its hole. I have a feeling after looking at the Nokia phones that already have Windows Phone, that they will likely make cheap Android Phones and then reserve their best hardware specifically for the Windows Phone.
d31373

Re: Is Microsoft telegraphing the demise of Windows Phone?

Postby SoBeTRoLL » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:18 pm

Well I don't think its a pricing point issue on the phones, Microsoft shouldn't consider putting any other os other than Windows 8 on these phones simply because it would improve its user base and increase the likelyhood of developers creating applications for not only Apple and Android, but for Windows as well. They really need a developer's kit that allows for cross platform compiling off of 1 universal language. Doing that would greatly improve the chances of applications being cross platform, would improve the consistency of the nomenclature of the applications ( having the same app reskinned and completely renamed for android is just, incredibly frustrating), and would no longer leave companies like windows, who in all honesty are the new guys in the OS for smart phones business, in the dust when it comes to functionality of their smart phones. It would also allow consumers to purchase their phones based on the operating system, not the applications that third party developers created, and force these companies to improve the functionality of the operating systems themselves, rather than rest their laurels on the applications that other people design for the operating system.

If Microsoft wants to gain a foothold in this arena, selling Google phones at a cheaper price just means that Android owns an even larger portion of the market, and developers will continue to focus on the android marketplace for the development of their applications, and Microsoft 8 phones will fall even further behind.
SoBeTRoLL

Return to News